Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Tv Series Review : Jessica Jones

Jessica. I know your secrets. I know about your friends, about your gifts.
 Jessica. Jessica Jones. I know Everything. 
-Kilgrave

So I finishes this show in just 2 days and I'm really hooked. For those who doesn't know who Jessica Jones, let me try my best to explain it to you guys. This is Jessica Jones in my opinion : She's a retired superhero with super strength and ability to fly/jump real high. After trying out the whole superhero thing, she decided to become a P.I. instead and she's rather really good at it. So a year after an incident that happened that kinda messed her up more than she already is, a man from her past return. So throughout the series, we learned more about her past, and we also learn about her connection with the villain in this season. 

First of all let me say that this superhero show is different from other superhero shows I've watched before. I'm a big fan of Arrow, The Flash and of course now The Legends of Tomorrow, just fyi ;) 
Okay, so what makes it different to me is that it handles more with real-life situation as compared to other marvel superheroes. It talked about abuse and rape and it's really great the way they handle this situation. And Jessica Jones is a bad ass. You can see from the trailer how bad ass she is but I love that the more episode I watched, it slowly showed me how vulnerable she is too. 


Here's my Pros and Cons about this show !!
Things that I LOVE about it :

Hmm... I think first of all I just love the cast. I can't imagine these character being played by anyone else. Krysten Ritter is the perfect Jessica Jones. I know her from the movie "Vamps" where she star alongside Alicia Silverstone, and also from the tv show "Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23". She did a really good job portraying Jessica Jones, way more than I expected tbh. Next there is of course David Tennant !! Wasn't really aware of how awesome he is until I watched Doctor Who but WOW he killed it as Kilgrave. *SPOILERS ALERT* And I know there's been a lot of debate over the shipping between Kilgrave and Jessica. I find it hard for myself to hate him as a villain because when you find out about his past, you kinda feel bad about him and you sympathize with him. There's also the part where you can see how vulnerable he is because of his love for Jessica, I can feel his pain when Jessica rejected him. But in the end, I can't really oversee all the shits he's done, it's just too much and too violent for me. *END OF SPOILER* And let's not forget about Trish, Jessica's BFF, who is played by Rachael Taylor. I really love all of the cast but those 3 are my favourites. 

Next thing would be the plot. I haven't read the comics or any comics in fact, don't hate me but I just haven't. But the storyline is good, it's not too draggy and not too rush at the same time. Really looking forward to Season 2 because there's a few more thing that they left at a cliffhanger that I need to know about. Melissa Rosenberg did a really good job with this show.

And of course I like that I can binge watch it all instead of waiting for it every week and sometimes there's also breaks that will take months (like OUAT, for anyone fans out there who knows my pain). That's the good thing about it being picked up by Netflix I guess. And I'm really happy that I get to have access to Netflix now because if I didn't try it out, I wouldn't have started on Jessica Jones.


The Cons of this show :

I'm not really sure if I have anything I hate or don't like about it. I'm seriously brainstroming right now to find something I don't like and I can't seem to think of any or maybe cause I'm hungry and tired now that I can't think properly hahahaha . But I would love to hear your opinion about this show !! 

Anyway, I'm just gonna end the review here since I kinda sucked at writing them. Would really love to hear your feedbacks and check out my Instagram and Twitter for more of me rambling :D

Title : Jessica Jones
Cast : Krysten Ritter, David Tennat, Rachael Taylor, Mike Colter, 
Erin Moriarty, Eka Darville, Wil Traval, Carrie-Anne Moss
No of Episodes : 13


God didn't do this. The Devil did. And I'm gonna find him
-Jessica Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment