Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Saturday 12 December 2015

Movie Review : The Girl in the Book

I first saw Emily Vancamp on Brothers & Sisters playing Rebecca Harper but back then I was super clueless about the internet and have no idea who she is until I saw her on Revenge playing Emily/Amanda Clarke, and her performance on that show is amazing. I think one of the reasons why I love Revenge so much is because of her. Most of you might have not seen her other than in Revenge but she did play in a Hallmark movie once. I kinda made a shrieking sound when I first saw the trailer cause she's one of my favorite actress and I'm so happy to see her to be a part of other projects. The movie is called Beyond The Blackboard. It's a really good movie and you guys should check it out :)

Anyway, I didn't know Emily had another movie coming out this year so I was surprised when I saw it online. This movie is about a 28-29 years old woman named Alice Harvey who is working as an assistant editor in a publishing house while at the same time is a writer who's trying her best to write a novel. The movie takes places in two different timeline : 'The Now' and '15 Years Before'. The adult Alice is played by Emily while the younger Alice is played by Ana Mulvoy-Ten. 

Based on a True Story (Wikipedia says it so I hope it's true!!), this movies takes us on a journey where Alice is trying to find herself in the world and as a person while at the same time we are taken back to a part of her life that affects her so much. The Now is where her past starts to meet her present while the 15 Years before is when she met with an aspiring author named Milan Daneker played by Michael Nyqvist who was under her father's agency. He offered to help her with her writing but in times he changed and I kinda cringed during a specific scene in the movie (you'll know it when you watch it). I guess those times scarred her and makes her live an unfulfilling life where she goes around having one night stand to maybe feel something. But then she met this really nice and good looking (with a SIX PACK) guy, Emmett (kinda reminds me of Emmett from Switched at Birth hahahaha) who she and I both knows deserve way more then what she's giving him. We also get to see when she knows she needs to change and that's when you know she starts to chase away her demons and gets to experience her true love.

A big round of applause to both actress who played Alice. Their performance was amazing and real. Definitely a memorable one to me. I would really recommend you guys to watch this movie.
Rate : 4.5/5 


Director : Marya Cohn
Running Time : 86 Minutes
Rated : Unrated (Have some strong languages and sex)


Notes From Me : My first ever movie review you guys !! This movie kinda inspired me to write this review and I really hope you guys like it. There might be some grammatical error so I'm sorry in advance :D And of course any feedback is welcome, would really love to hear your opinions on my review and on the movie or on any other things too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment