Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Sunday 8 November 2015

Book Review : Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me ? (And Other Concerns)


Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kalling

This is the first time I ever read autobiographies or memoirs kind of books. And I have no idea why I didn't start reading them sooner. I bought this book because I keep seeing her other book 'Why Not Me?' on instagram and I thought I'll give it a try because I kinda like the cover (plus it's blue !!). And that's when I saw that she published this book first so I thought I need to read this first before I read the other one. So here's what I thought of this book !!

When I first start reading it, I was kind of intrigued by her life and by a few chapters I was hooked. I finish 80% of the book in just an hour and a half. The way she tells her life is interesting and it doesn't bore me as I thought books about people's life would instantly bored the hell out of me.The thing about this book is that it's funny but without all those dirty jokes or with any used of curse words inside. I find that very refreshing since most comedians these days like to curse a lot. One of the funny thing in this book is when she was talking about how she didn't really understand "hook-up" and it's relatable as I'm as confused as her.

I was actually surprised when I read that she was one of the writer for the tv series The Office. Wasn't really big on watching the show because my mom got me hooked on crime shows like all of the CSIs ( I always thought Horatio is the MAN!!) and of course Criminal Minds (Pretty sure some of their episodes scarred me for life but thanks for introducing me to the genius Reed, mom !)

Anyways, I absolutely adore this book and it's a nice change from all those romance books I've been reading. Mindy Kalling succeeded in making me smile and laugh at her horrible moments in life when I was in a bus full of people, they probably think I'm a little crazy but at least I'm reading a book you judgemental a**holes :D

And thanks for making me like this kind of books Mindy and I can't wait to start on your other book. She also made me to want to read other biographies book and I was looking through it online and I can't decide if I should get A Work In Progress by Connor Franta or I Hate MySelfie by Shane Dawson. Let me know which book I should get next guys :)

So this is my third book review on this blog, it's slightly longer and more rambling from me but I hope you like it :) And of course any feedbacks would be awesome !!

Rate : 4.5/5
Goodreads

Love,
Karla


No comments:

Post a Comment