Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Book Review : The Heir and The Spare

HELLO everybody, I know what you guys are probably thinking :" 2 reviews in a row when it's usually every couple of months. What is happening??" HAHAHA I'm being lame so please bear with me :) I was thinking that I might as well do one now before school starts to get busy again and consume all of my free time. Besides, I just finished reading this book and I totally love it and decide why not write a review of it too !! So here goes nothing

Hmm.. Where should I start ?? I've always loved reading or watching stories that involve royalty in it. For example, I love love the Prince and me movie series even after they changed almost everybody in the cast so of course, my fav movie was the first one with Julia Stiles in it. Who here loves that movie too ?? Put your hands up my brother and sister !! Okay, anyway my point was I have alway been drawn into these royalty romance stories so when I saw this book, I just know I need to read it. 

Well first, I find that the story is not too draggy or too long. I won't say that it was instant love but it's those kinds of attractions that you can really see. And I really like the pace that they took for their relationship. Sometimes it's hard to read a story where the main characters just met and then bam they fall in love because it's very hard to believe that kind of things happen in real life. Not saying they don't though, just saying that it is pretty damn rare. See, I'm not that cynical ;) 

Another thing that I like is, of course, the Prince aka Edmund !! He's different from those other prince and girl story as he is not the heir to the throne. He is actually the second price of England. He is like fictional Prince Harry in this book. I love how the author put in all these fun facts about history and England through Edmund. I always love some good history facts !! It's very easy to fall in love with him too so if you're gonna be reading this book, better prepare yourself for some Edmund lovinnnn

Next, our main girl, Evangeline but called Evie by everybody. I mean come on, isn't that such a lovely name. Reminds me of how the kids from Nanny Mcphee 1 pronounce it, so everytime I see that name I can just hear that voice in my head saying "Evangeline" with that  cute accent and pronunciation. I like how strong she is as a person plus she thinks that David Tennant was the best doctor in doctor who so, of course, I liked her straight away 

Lastly, I really like how the problems in this book are not the same as other books that involve a celebrity or royalty. The author didn't make the paparazzi and the press be such a big deal like I have seen in so many books. Their problems are much bigger and I feel is more personal. I mean I know being in the spotlight is probably very hard and cause problems, that was briefly shown here but it wasn't made into such a big deal by the characters. 

I'm gonna give this book a 5/5 and it is definitely on my favourite royalty books list. Keep a look out for her new book "Everyday Magic" which is a spin-off of this book that includes Preston, one of Evie and Edmund's close friend. I'm really excited for this book since I really like him in this book and I can't wait to see his own story unfold. 

Title : The Heir and The Spare
Release Date : 18 January 2016
Genre : Romance, Contemporary, YA
Author : Emily Albright












SYNOPSIS

Family can be complicated. Especially when skeletons from the past pop up unexpectedly. For American Evie Gray, finding out her deceased mother had a secret identity, and not one of the caped crusader variety, was quite the surprise. Evie’s mom had a secret life before she was even born, one that involved tiaras.

In this modern day fairytale, Evie is on a path to figure out who her mom really was, while discovering for herself what the future will hold. Charged with her late mother’s letters, Evie embarks on a quest into her past. The first item on the list is to attend Oxford, her mom’s alma mater. There, Evie stumbles upon a real life prince charming, Edmund Stuart the second Prince of England, who is all too happy to be the counterpart to her damsel in distress.

Evie can’t resist her growing attraction to Edmund as they spend more time together trying to unravel the clues her mother left behind. But, when doubts arise as to whether or not Edmund could ever be with an untitled American, what really ends up unraveling is Evie’s heart. When Evie uncovers all the facts about her mom’s former life, she realizes her mom’s past can open doors she never dreamed possible, doors that can help her be with Edmund. But, with everything now unveiled, Evie starts to crack under the pressure of new family responsibilities and the realization that her perfect prince may want her for all the wrong reasons.



No comments:

Post a Comment